SHOPPING HOT SPOT: RISE ARCADE and GRANVILLE CIRCUIT

Posted by Ysabs on 2:16 PM in , , , , ,

SHOPPING HOTSPOT: RISE ARCADE and GRANVILLE CIRCUIT
Hong Kong
By Ysabel Villaflor

"Don't judge a book by its cover." Just how many times have we heard this saying?  This describes exactly my feelings for this gem of a place called Rise Arcade in Granville Circuit.

I wanted to go somewhere different on my Hong Kong trip. And I wanted to go shop somewhere the travel guides don't mention.

My research led me to a blog by Jerome Lin (http://blog.omy.sg/hongkong/tag/granville-circuit/). He mentioned a place called “Rise Arcade in Granville Circuit”. An old building in the back alleys of Hong Kong. Those words got me hooked. I HAD TO SEE IT FOR MYSELF! 

I had a hard time looking for Granville Circuit- passed by dark alleys and went to some back building places (blame it to having bad direction skills), but as it turned out, I took the long way getting there rather than going the easy route of turning right from Granville Road! But the adventure of looking for it, I must say, added to it's charm. 

I felt victorious when I found it! I can feel the energy already.

Now to find the building.

Rise Arcade is an old building that houses Hong Kong designers.  It may not be obvious from the outside since the building looked run down.. but oh, DON'T BE FOOLED! There were so many surprises inside! It was like finding gold in mud sort of thing. 


Rise Arcade DID NOT DISAPPOINT. It's street, it’s quirky, it’s fun.. and it’s glorious. My head was reeling from all the excitement of finding such an amazing shopping mecca.  It was like finding out a well-kept secret. I can’t wait to go back here next time.  And no fashionista should miss this while in Hong Kong.

If you like street fashion, unique pieces and adventure, you HAVE to see RISE ARCADE on Granville Circuit.

Sorry couldn't take more pictures. Was busy rummaging through the stuff at Rise! :) Also sorry for the poor resolution, the pics were taken from my phone.

And in true Rise Arcade fashion, we went out via the Fire Escape. :)

xoxo
WGYsabs





Granville Circuit itself has amazing shops too. From Lomo Cameras, to OPI nail polish to  Korean  brands.


I was so excited, I forgot to take a photo of the facade of Rise Arcade.
Photo courtesy of http://hong-kong-travel.org/

The adventure begins. 4 glorious floors of Hong Kong Street Fashion and Unique knick-knacks.



SURPRISE!!








Blazers and Sweaters only in this store







 


Shoes! Shoes!Shoes!

Sales Everywhere!




Sales were everywhere!


There is something for everyone. 













Just like Rise Arcade, I bought this Vintage-y Stamp set. It was too quirky and unique to pass up. 


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2013 Travel with the WANDER GIRLS All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.