SHOPPING HOTSPOT: ESLITE BOOKSTORE

SHOPPING HOTSPOT:
ESLITE BOOKSTORE
More Than Just a BookStore
By Ysabel Villaflor


As part of my research before going to Taipei, I posted a question in Twitter, asking about places to see.  One of my thesis-mates and fellow Chief, Philip Bacani, told me to visit Eslite Bookstore. I immediately took note and placed it in the " Alternative " Column.  I was travelling with family and with kids and I am not sure whether they were up for going to a bookstore.

On our 3rd day in Taipei, we were thinking about where we could all meet up after our own little excursions.  Eslite Dun Nan Branch sounds like the perfect place for a meeting place.

We never really envisioned staying no longer than 10 minutes in the place, until we saw that there was more to Eslite than just your typical bookstore.  It had it's own department store, cafe, winery and food court.  My family and I ended up shopping and eating lunch at Eslite. 

We were enthralled with the idea.  I don't think there's one quite like it in the Philippines.Although the prices in Eslite are on the expensive side, it is really worth the visit even just to see the concept of this store.  It has a very quirky, modern and no frills look to it that can just charm any one to stay longer than 10 minutes.

Oh, and didn't I tell you, the bookstore is open 24/7. (Booklovers rejoice)

Special Thanks to my friend: Philip :) 










The Main Bookstore: NO CAMERAS ALLOWED :(


The Eslite Food Court. Nice Gourmet selection ranging from Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese, Italian, French

Still part of the Foodcourt. Eslite mesh retail and food.

The Eslite Bakery
Make your own salad
 The food we ordered from the Eslite Food Court:








 The Eslite Store near Taipei 101.

 


My Haul: 



0 Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2013 Travel with the WANDER GIRLS All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.