Best Travel Songs

Posted by Johanna on 11:19 PM in ,

If I were stranded alone in a deserted island, the one thing I'd want with me: an iPod with a solar charger (I guess that makes it two things, I'm terrible at Math - that's why I'm a writer, folks).

To a musichead like myself, a trip is not complete without a song playing in background to give a certain feel to the moment. It may be Bob Marley & the Wailers singing me a bouncy tune whilst I lay by the beach on a hammock underneath a palm tree, or Electrico on a night out in Singapore.

Either way, a night before a trip I always make sure my iPod is fully-charged and packed with at least half of the songs known to mankind. It's the first thing that gets into my bag. Next is an unjustifiably expensive set of headphones.

If you scrolled through my iPod, you'd see some of my favorite travel songs:

Nostalgic
Filter - Take a picture
Coldplay - Strawberry swing
Ziggy marley - Beach in Hawaii
Israel kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere over the rainbow
All saints - Pure shores
Lissie - Everywhere I go
U2 - City of blinding lights
We are scientists - After hours
The Verve - Lucky Man
Travis - Driftwood
Richard Hawley - Tonight the streets are ours

Chill
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The zephyr song
Lupe Fiasco - Paris, Tokyo
Kala - Pulis pangkalawakan
Weezer - Island in the sun
Jamiroquai - Space cowboy
Jack Johnson - Breakdown
Sublime - Summertime
Jason Mraz - Summer Breeze (acoustic)
Francis M - Kaleidoscope world
Jay-Z - Young forever
Kid Cudi - Pursuit of happiness

Random
Kanye West - Touch the sky
Sheryl crow - Soak up the sun
U2 - Beautiful day
Sandwich - Sunburn
Sting - Desert rose
Incubus - Wish you were here
Frank sinatra - Come fly with me
Smashmouth - Walking on the sun
B.o.B - Ghost in the machine
Fergie - Glamorous
Owl City - Fireflies
Christopher Cross - Sailing
Eddie Vedder - Rise
Smashing Pumpkins - 1979

Happy listening! Suggestions? Leave a comment.


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2013 Travel with the WANDER GIRLS All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.