WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A HONG KONG HALF-DAY TOUR

Posted by Ysabs on 6:48 PM in , , , , , , , , , ,
December 28, 2010
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A HONG KONG HALF-DAY TOUR?
By: Ysabel Villaflor
My first time in Hong Kong was in 1994 when I was 13. Just like any first time tourist, we did the HK Half Day tour. Many return trips and cash-burning after, I would like to think that I somehow had a little advantage of knowing a bit more of this little shopping haven. So when someone asked me what’s included in a Half Day City Tour of Hong Kong, and I couldn’t respond, I was stumped! I couldn’t remember! It was such a long time ago that I only have hazy, blurry pictures in my mind (blame it on age!). So, when I finally had an opportunity to do it all over again, I didn’t hesitate to go! It was time to refresh my memory:
1. Where can you find Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Michelle Yeoh and Chow Yun Fat all in one place? Answer: Avenue of the Stars. This long strip near the harbor has all the Hong Kong Superstars’ hand imprints on cement, a sculpture of Bruce Lee and a couple of Stand-In set pieces for the camera. The Asian version of the Star on the Hollywood Walk on Hollywood Boulevard. Say Cheeeeeese!!!!

2. Jewelry City – their promise is a lifetime guarantee at very reasonable prices. My opinion, you can skip this part but there’s no harm in just looking at how jewelry is made and then being ushered in a showroom of bling-blings! J watch out for major cash burning.





3. Stubbs Road Look Out – a scenic view of Downtown Hong Kong can be seen through this spot. A little off the city center and a little small for tourists. However, if you’re going to Ocean Park, might as well stop over here. Just don’t buy mineral water from there- it’s muy mahal!

4. Jumbo Kingdom Floating Restaurant - now this I remember from my first trip. It’s  floating, on the water. Don’t be fooled by people trying to offer to bring you to the restaurant through tug boats for a price. The restaurant has its own transfers for FREE.  Come back here at night and see the boat all lighted up!



5. Ocean Park Theme Park – before Mickey Mouse and his friends came over HK, the Happiest Place in Hong Kong was at Ocean Park. Site of the famous long cable car transfers and marine life diversity, Ocean Park sure can spark the imagination. This is the last stop of the tour. Fitting because people would want to stay here longer.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright © 2013 Travel with the WANDER GIRLS All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive | Blogger Templates.